Contact data of the data controller
This Data Protection Policy covers data processing by:
Data controller: LAFUMA AMERICA Inc. (hereinafter Lafuma)
740 Holcomb Bridge Road
Nordcross, GA, 30071
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: +1 800 514 4807
The Data Protection Officer of LAFUMA can be contacted at the above E-mail address.
Collection and storage of personal data and nature and purpose and their use
When visiting the website
When you access the websites of LAFUMA, the browser on your end device automatically sends information to our website server.
This information is temporarily saved in a log file. The following information is collected without any action on your part and deleted automatically within 4 weeks:
- IP address of the querying computer,
- date and time of the access,
- name and URL of the accessed file,
- browser type and version and further information sent by the browser (such as your computer’s operating system, the name of your access provider, geographical origin, language setting etc.).
We process these data for the following purposes:
- ensuring trouble-free connection to the website,
- ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- evaluating system security and stability and for further administrative purposes.
Our legitimate interest follows from the above purposes for the data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
When ordering as a guest
If you would like to order products as a guest via our website, we collect the following information:
- salutation, given name, surname,
- a valid email address,
- address and country,
- date of birth and payment data, depending on the payment method you chose (for example credit card data or bank details).
These data are collected in order to identify you as our contractual partner,
- to check the entered data for plausibility,
- to process the payment of your order,
- to process any warranty claims which may arise and to assert any claims against you
To ensure smooth and simple processing of your order and for faster clarification of queries, you can also provide other data:
- your telephone and mobile phone number
- an alternative delivery address. Provision of these data is voluntarily.
Your personal data which we collect for the order are saved until the end of the statutory warranty period and then automatically deleted, unless we are obliged to longer storage due to tax- and commercial-law retention and documentation duties or you have consented to a prolonged period.
When setting up a user account
You can set up a password-protected user account with us in which we save your personal data. The purpose of this is to provide you with the greatest possible comfort through easier, faster and more personal purchasing in the processing of your orders. If you would like to set up a password-protected user account with us, we need the following information from you:
- salutation, given name, surname
- date of birth
- a valid email address. In addition, to open a user account you have to enter a password of your choice. Together with your email address this provides access to your user account. In your user account you can view and change the data saved about you at any time.
Creating a user account is not required for using our website or for orders you would like to place with us. We also offer you the possibility of placing your order as a guest. In that case however, you have to enter all your data again for every order.
After your user account is deleted, your personal data are automatically deleted, unless we are obliged to longer storage due to tax- and commercial-law retention and documentation duties or you have consented to a prolonged period.
When registering for our newsletter
In so far as you have expressly consented, we will use your email address to regularly send you our personalized newsletter. Providing an email address is sufficient for receiving the newsletter.
Cancellation is possible at any time, e.g. via a link at the end of every newsletter. Alternatively, you can cancel at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When using our contact form
If you have questions of any nature, you can get in touch with us via a contact form. This requires the stating of a valid email address and your given name and the subject of your query so that we know who sent the query and how we can answer it.
The personal data we collected for using the contact form will be automatically deleted after your query has been dealt with.
Transfer of data to third parties
In so far as this is legally permissible and required for the processing of contractual relationships with you, your personal data will be transferred to third parties. This includes in particular transfer to companies for administrative purposes and to ensure centralized customer management with regard to our contractual relationship as well as the transfer to shipping and logistic companies for the purpose of delivering the goods you ordered and the transfer of payment data to payment service providers and/or banks to carry out a payment transaction. It further includes transfer to companies for operating customer support, customer reviews and product reservation. The transferred data shall be used by the third parties solely for the stated purposes.
If you make use of our customer helpdesk via our website, your data (name and email-address) entered into the contact form are transferred to Zendesk Inc., 1019 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94103 USA („Zendesk“).
Zendesk uses this information to answer your requests on our behalf. Zendesk assures that your personal data is fully protected against unauthorized access. Zendesk will not use your data to contact you for its own purposes or to for transferring them to third parties.
The cookie stores information which arises in conjunction with the specifically used end device. This does not mean, however, that this gives us direct knowledge of your identity.
Cookies are used on the one hand so that we can make the use of our offerings more pleasant for you. Therefore, we use session cookies to recognize that you have already visited individual pages our website, you have already logged on in your user account or for displaying the shopping cart. These are automatically deleted after you leave our website.
In addition, we use temporary cookies saved on your end device for a certain defined period to optimize user friendliness. If you visit our website again to use our services, it is automatically recognized that you were already here before and which entries and settings you made so that you do not have to repeat them.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can configure your browser, however, so that no cookies are saved on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. Complete deactivation of cookies can, however, lead to you not being able to use all the functions of our website.
With the deployed tracking measures, we want to ensure an appropriate design and continuous optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use tracking measures to compile statistics on the use of our website and to evaluate the optimization of our offerings for you.
Via the deployed targeting measures, we want to ensure that you only see advertising tailored to your actual or presumed interests on your end devices.
The pertinent data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking and targeting tools.
a) Google Analytics
In order to design and optimize our website, we use the Google Analytics tool, a Google LLC web analytics service. (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; "Google").
In this sense, user profiles are created anonymously (see point 4) and cookies are used. The information generated by cookies relates to your use of the website on:
- your browser (type and version),
- the operating system,
- the referring URL (the site that brought you by a link to our website),
- the hostname of the interrogating computer (IP address),
- the time to consult the server,
and are transmitted to a Google server located in the USA where they are registered. Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, to ensure an appropriate level of data protection.
This information is used to analyze the use of the site, to compile reports on the activities of the site in order to carry out market research to help optimize the design of the website and to provide this website other services related to the use of websites and the Internet. These data may be disclosed to third parties in case of a legal obligation or when third parties are mandated to process these data. Your IP address will not be linked to other Google data. IP addresses are handled anonymously so that no IP masking is possible.
You can oppose the collection and storage of data by Google Analytics by clicking this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. An Opt-out-Cookie will be installed that will prevent the use of your data when you visit the site. This Opt-out-Cookie is specific to this browser and our website and is stored on your phone. If you delete Cookies from your browser, you will need to reinstall the Opt-out-Cookie.
You can find additional information about data protection in connection with Google Analytics in the Help section - Google Analytics.
b) Facebook Custom Audiences
In addition, we also use Facebook website custom audiences of Facebook Ireland Limited (4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland). This is a marketing service on Facebook. It enables us to have individually coordinated and interest-based advertising on Facebook shown to certain groups of pseudonymized visitors to our website who also use Facebook.
There, an automated comparison will be made to ascertain whether you have stored a Facebook cookie. Via the Facebook cookie, it will automatically be established whether you belong to the target group relevant for us. If you belong to the target group, you will be shown corresponding adverts by us on Facebook. During this process, you will not be personally identified, either by us or by Facebook, through the comparison of the data.
You can also prevent the use of Facebook custom audiences by clicking on the following link. Through this opt-out, any future recording of your personal data when visiting this website is prevented. https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
c) Microsoft Ads
We use Microsoft Universal Event Tracking (UET) from Microsoft Ads. This is a service of the Microsoft Corporation ("Microsoft") that allows us to track user activity on our website when the user navigates to our website via Microsoft Ads advertisements.
A cookie is placed on your computer when you visit our website via a Microsoft Ads ad, (see item 4). A Bing UET tag is integrated into our website. This tag is a code which in combination with the cookie stores certain non-personally data about your use of the site. This includes the time spent visiting the website, the areas of the website that were visited and the ads via which the user navigated to the website. Information about your identity is not collected.
This information is transmitted to Microsoft servers in the US and stored there for a maximum of 180 days. Microsoft is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, which guarantees an appropriate level of privacy.
For more information on Microsoft analytics services, visit the Microsoft website: https://help.ads.microsoft.com/#apex/3/en/53056/2.
See the Microsoft Data Privacy Policies for further information about data protection at Microsoft: https://privacy.microsoft.com/.
For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
Data subject rights
You have the right:
- to demand information about your personal data we process. In particular, you can demand information about the purposes of the processing, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data were or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction or revocation of processing, the existence a right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data, in so far as not collected by us, and also about the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and where appropriate meaningful information about to details thereof;
- to demand immediate rectification of inaccurate or completion of your personal data saved with us;
- to demand deletion of your personal data saved with us, in so far as the processing is not required for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- to demand restriction of processing of your personal data, in so far as you contest the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful but you oppose deletion and we no longer need the data but you do to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to;
- to receive your personal data you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand transmission to another controller;
- to withdraw your consent to us at any time. This means that we may no longer continue processing the data based on that consent for the future and
- to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority for your habitual residence or place of work or our registered offices.
Right to object
In so far as your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, in so far as there are grounds arising from your particular situation or it relates to an objection to direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right to object which we shall heed without the stating of a particular situation.
If you want to exercise your right to object, simply send an email to: email@example.com
All the data you personally transfer will be sent encrypted with the customary and secure TLS standard (Transport Layer Security). TLS is a secure and proven standard, which is also used for online banking, for example. You can recognize a secure TLS connection inter alia by the 's' appended to the http (i.e. https://..) in the address bar of your browser or by the lock symbol at the bottom of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continually monitored and improved to reflect technological developments.
Actuality of and changes to this Data Protection Policy
This Data Protection Policy is the latest version and was last amended as of March 2023.
The further development of our website and offers on it or changes in statutory or public-authority requirements many render it necessary to amend this Data Protection Policy. The latest version of Data Protection Policy can be downloaded and printed out at any time from the website under https://www.lafumausa.com/.